Welcome to the WARSPOT site, an Internet resource focused on military history, intended to popularise knowledge of the past. To this end, the format chosen is a collection of popular scholarly articles, dedicated to various landmark events in the history of war and technology and written as interestingly and accessibly as possible. The resource contains an interactive element — every user has the chance to publish their article alongside articles written by experts (historians, military people and journalists). In this way, WARSPOT not only becomes an educational space, but also stimulates users to do their own research.
USING AND ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE IS POSSIBLE ONLY UNDER THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT IN THIS USER AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT"). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ITS TERMS, THEN YOU SHOULD STOP USING THE SITE IMMEDIATELY, AND YOU DO NOT ACQUIRE THE RIGHTS GRANTED BY THIS AGREEMENT. USING THIS SITE SIGNIFIES THAT YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS OF THIS USER AGREEMENT.
- “Project” means the Site and its Administration.
- “Project Owner” means Wargaming World Limited, a company registered at the following address: 105 Agion Omologiton Avenue, Nicosia 1080, Republic of Cyprus.
- “Site” means the combination of web resources located on the Internet at warspot.ru and its subdomains.
- “Materials” mean the photographic, video, audio, graphic and textual materials posted by the Users ("User Materials") and/or by the Administration ("Site Materials").
- “User” means any person that accesses the Site and accepts the rights and obligations under this Agreement, including the Authorised Users.
- “Authorised User” means a User who has created an account on the Site.
- “Administration” means the persons who are given authorisation by the Project Owner for special use of the Project, in particular, to manage it, and who act on behalf of the Project Owner.
Scope and General Provisions of the User Agreement
- This Agreement sets out the terms and conditions on which Users may access the Site and post information on it.
- The User warrants that he or she is not subject to legal restrictions on the use of online services, that he or she possesses all the necessary powers to enter into this Agreement, or that his or her parents and/or other legal representatives have duly consented to the User entering into this agreement or have entered into this Agreement on his or her behalf.
- The Project Owner may amend, modify, or replace this Agreement from time to time, for example to reflect new features on the Site or because of changes in law. If the Project Owner amends this Agreement, it will notify Users in advance and obtain their consent where required by applicable laws. The latest version of this Agreement will always be available on the Site. Please check for updates of this Agreement regularly. If you continue to use the Site after a new version of this Agreement takes effect, you shall be considered to have accepted the latest version of this Agreement (unless your consent is required by law).
- The Site is provided on an «as is» basis, in other words, the User obtains no guarantee that the Site, or the resources and services provided within the Site:
- will function continuously and uninterruptedly, without any errors; and
- will conform to the User's requirements and expectations.
- To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, the Project Owner and the Administration bear no liability to the User for any loss or harm caused to the User, including to his or her computer, software or other property, as a result of using the Site or being unable to use it, including as a result of technical restrictions on the use of the resources and services within the Site being applied to the User for violating the rules of this Agreement.
- Access to the Site and the ability to use its resources and services are provided to the User by the Project Owner or Administration at no charge. The User also agrees that some of the resources and services provided on the Site are available exclusively to Authorised Users.
The User is Forbidden:
- To use the contact information of Users in order to distribute unwanted information (spam).
- To post on the Site items over which there are intellectual property rights, without the consent of the holders of these rights.
- To post on the Site commercial advertising, commercial offers, propaganda or any other intrusive information, except in cases where the posting of such information has been approved by the Administration.
- To post on the Site content of an insulting or disparaging nature about other Users or third parties, or links to content of this nature.
- To post on the Site obscene or swear words and word combinations, including using them in the User's name.
- To post on the Site malware, or links that contain or may contain malware.
- To post on the Site content of a pornographic nature or links to it.
- To post on the Site threats or incitements to violence and to the commission of illegal acts.
- To post on the Site content that features violence, cruelty, or racism, or that is ethnically or religiously divisive, or links to such content.
- To promote or display on the Site Nazi symbols or gear.
- To promote on the Site criminal activity, or to post instructions on how to commit illegal acts.
- To post on the Site any other material that violates moral standards and ethics or violates current Legislation.
- To commit any other unlawful, criminal or unethical acts.
The Administration may remove the Materials of the User that violate this Agreement or law without notifying the author or other Users.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The site, including the graphics, user interface, background music, articles, stories, photographs and other content posted on it, constitute and contain objects of intellectual property. Except for when it is otherwise stated in this Agreement, all intellectual property rights to the Site and to its component parts belong to the Project Owner.
- The copyright in the Materials posted on the Site by the Users belongs to the Users that created them or to other lawful copyright holders.
- The rights to the use of the User's Materials that constitute intellectual property are transferred to the Project Owner from the moment these Materials are posted (published) by the Users on the Site, with no corresponding obligation to pay royalties or other fees and with no limitation as to the time, ways or territory of use. The User also undertakes to guarantee the legal basis for assigning to the Project Owner the intellectual property rights to the use of Materials posted by the User on the Site that belong to other copyright holders. The rights to the use of Materials by the Project Owner under this clause include the right to use them in any country of the world and in any way, including the right to make public, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, or otherwise rework, publish, communicate to the public, or create derivative works without any obligation to mention the name of the author or any other corresponding obligations, and also include the right to assign the aforementioned rights to third parties.
- If the Materials contain intellectual property of the Project Owner, the exclusive rights to the such Materials are assigned to the Project Owner without any obligation to pay royalties or other fees. In this case, the Project Owner grants the User the right to view, reproduce (including to copy) and alter (including to print out copies of) the Materials of other Users solely for non-commercial purposes. However, such use must not breach the legally protected interests of the copyright holder.
- The use of the intellectual property posted on the Site or any part thereof without a prior written permission of the copyright holder is only permissible if all the following conditions are complied with at the same time:
- a direct indication must be given immediately after the title or in the first paragraph of the article that the material has been borrowed from the WARSPOT Site, and a hyperlink to the corresponding article on the Site must be provided;
- the Project Owner may prohibit the use of the Site Materials in one or several specific ways at any time without cause, in which case the borrowed Site Materials must be immediately deleted.
- Third-party trademarks mentioned on the Site by the Administration or in its description belong to their registered copyright holders and are used purely as evidence of the validity and historical authenticity of the Site, and their use in no way signifies that the Site is endorsed, sponsored, or recommended by the owners of these trademarks.
Sites and Materials of Third Parties
- The Site contains links to other Internet sites, as well as to programmes and to photographic, video, audio, graphic and textual materials belonging to third parties.
- Posting links to the sites or materials of third parties on the Site does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation of these sites or materials by the Project Owner.
- The Project Owner bears no liability for any materials of third parties posted on the Site, or on the sites of third parties, that can be accessed through links from the Site, including, but not limited to, any opinions or statements.
- Visiting third-party sites via links, installing third-party programmes, or using third-party materials in any other way is at the User’s own risk, including when the User performs these actions while using the Site.
- This Agreement does not apply to any third-party programmes, materials, or sites, unless otherwise explicitly stated in this Agreement.
- To delete their account, the User should send an email with a request to that effect to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address specified at the time of the account registration.
Responsibilities of the Parties
- The User has the responsibility to post or communicate Materials or other information using the Site in accordance with the law.
- The User is liable to the Project Owner and to third parties for any failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement.
- The User shall compensate the Project Owner and third parties for any losses incurred as a result of his or her actions, including, but not limited to, violation of this Agreement, intellectual property rights, and other rights.
- The Administration is not responsible for the quality and speed of the User's access to the Internet, nor for the compatibility of other software and hardware used by the User with the requirements of the Site.
- The Administration bears no liability for the activities of Users or third parties either on the Site or resulting from its use, including, but not limited to, unauthorised access of third parties to User Materials or destruction of them.
- Under no circumstances do the Project Owner or its representatives bear liability to the Users of the Site or to any other third parties for any indirect, accidental or unintentional damage, including, but not limited to, lost data, damage to goodwill, or loss of profits arising from the use of the Site, its components and materials, or of other information accessed through the Site, even if the Project Owner did not point out that this kind of damage was a possibility.
- The Project Owner shall be released from liability for the complete or partial failure to fulfil its obligations under this Agreement due to unforeseeable events (force majeure), in other words, of an extraordinary situation that, given the circumstances, could not be prevented by the parties, such as mass riots, bans imposed by the authorities, natural disasters, fires or catastrophes, together with failures of telecommunications or energy networks, the influence of malware, or the unscrupulous activities of third parties designed to gain unauthorised access to the software or hardware or to disable them.
- The Project Owner bears no liability for any actions of third parties that may lead to termination of the User's access to the Site. If that occurs, the Project Owner will use its best endeavours to restore such access to the Users.
- Unless prohibited by the applicable law, the liability of the Project Owner under this Agreement shall be limited to 100 (one hundred) euros.
Reservation of Rights
- All other rights in respect of the Site that are not expressly indicated in the Agreement shall be reserved to the Project Owner.
- This agreement comes into effect as soon as the User starts to use the Site and is valid for an indefinite period of time.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of Cyprus without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including but not limited to the formation, performance, breach, termination or invalidity thereof, as well as matters concerning infringement of intellectual property rights, shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the CEDRAC Arbitration Rules. The parties further agree that: (a) the appointing authority shall be the CEDRAC Court; (b) the number of arbitrators shall be one; (c) the place of arbitration shall be Nicosia, Republic of Cyprus; (d) the language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English.
- If a court or other body of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement, or portion thereof, to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
If any questions arise concerning this Agreement, you can contact the Administration of the Site at the email address email@example.com