Warspot Portal Subject
- The Warspot portal is dedicated to military-historical and military-technical topics, as well as other issues related to mentioned subjects. The portal’s vital functions are based on copyright materials created by experts and amateurs of military history. The main emphasis is on the history and vehicles of World War II, but other wars and conflicts are also covered. Discussion of topics related to the causes of war outbreaks, victories and defeats, losses, war crimes and similar politicized and socially acute issues is not welcome.
- Articles and comments on them are posted on the portal on the condition of post-moderation, so finding an article on the portal does not mean that it automatically matches the subject and the rules of the portal. When making decisions regarding issues within their competence, moderators are guided by the rules of the portal. Discussion of the actions of portal moderators is allowed only in personal correspondence by e-mail.
General Rules for Writing on the Portal
- The use of rude and obscene language, including such in veiled forms, using the replacement, rearrangement or omission of letters, the use of well-known abbreviations, which may be understood as expressions containing profanity, is not allowed.
- It is not recommended to post messages not related to the subject of the portal (off-topic), with the exception of messages on a subject related to current socio-political events of national and global scale. In this case, the value of such material for the portal is determined by the moderators. The same applies to all materials formally corresponding to the subject of the portal.
- Advertising of any commercial or non-commercial activity that is not related to the subject of the portal, as well as political advertising and agitation are prohibited.
- It is prohibited to post messages that contain the following: propaganda of racial, religious, social and political intransigence; racial, sexual, or other discrimination; sexual harassment; distribution of pornography; pandering; drug and violence propaganda; anti-Russian propaganda in any form.
- It is forbidden to post materials and comments that endanger the existence of the portal, that is, the materials that contravene the law.
- The official language of the portal is English. It is not recommended to post materials and comments on them in other languages without an appropriate translation or annotation disclosing the contents of the published material, except for the situations when well-known expressions, proper names, etc. are used.
- Insults and threats, humiliation of honor and dignity of other people, social groups, organizations, associations, state entities are prohibited.
- It is not recommended to use the comments for personal correspondence.
- Excessive quoting of commented material that exceeds the volumes necessary for understanding the subject of discussion is highly discouraged (overquoting, “quotation pyramids”).
- Links to Internet resources in the comments should be provided with comments on the content of these resources.
The portal Administration reserves the right to change these rules unilaterally.